Sunday, April 12, 2015

Going to University of Southern California

"This is going to be fun," I said sitting on the office floor packing my books.
"Where is it?" Mr. Wonderful said loitering in the doorway.
"At the University of Southern California. Imagine: I'll be back on a college campus again!"
"Your happy days--"
"Are he-re a-gain. The skies above are clear again!"


After college graduation, how many chances do you get to spend a whole day hanging out on a university campus? And one as beautiful as USC's? With book lovers? For me the answer is simple: one weekend. Which just so happens to be next weekend at the LA Times Festival of Books!

If you are a reader, writer, child, parent or book lover this event is for you. The LA Times Festival of Books is an annual book party with author readings, writer panels, celebrity chefs giving cooking demonstrations, children's book authors doing readings, snippets of Broadway show performances coming to Los Angeles--this year it's Roald Dahl's Matilda The Musical--Big Five publishers and indie publishers discussing publishing options, and the biggest book sale this side of the Pacific. And the Atlantic. It's a stimulating, entertaining weekend about people and the books they love.

And this year I will be a part of it!

After attending the book festival for years, this time I'll be participating as an author. As a member of the Greater Los Angeles Writers Society (GLAWS), I will be selling and signing copies of my book Evolution of a Wine Drinker! And talking about my forthcoming book. I'll give you a hint: My latest work is also a humor book.

If you want to know more or will be at the LA Times Festival of Books please stop to say "Hi". I'll be at the GLAWS Tent, #953 Saturday, April 18 from 2-4 PM.

After all, how many times do you get to spend the day on a college campus like USC's surrounded by book lovers?

Happy days are he-re a-gain. The skies above are clear again!

No comments:

Post a Comment