Friday, November 15, 2013

She Did It!

"She did it," I said reading my computer screen.
"She who?" Mr Wonderful said looking up from his graphic novel.
"She made it."
"Made what?"
"It worked!"
"Worked what?!"


We married each other, bought a house together and were fixing up said house together yet Mr. Wonderful just couldn't get on the same page with me. It was totally clear what I meant and as my spouse and the man who promised to love, honor and read my mind, he should know exactly what I was referring when I looked at my computer screen.

"Are you watching a cat video," he said, a forefinger saving his page in the graphic novel.
I waved him over and showed him what had grabbed my attention: my friend Gayle Carline's blog post. When New Yorkers think of Southern Californians, they think of an air-head, surfer type, which is the polar opposite of who Gayle is. Like totally, Dude.

First off, Gayle is not a dude. Second, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th, she's smart, funny, a talented horsewoman and uber busy writer. She writes a weekly humor column for the newspaper as well as a light-hearted series of mysteries set in Orange County. Seventh, she's gutsy because after I posted a "miraculous" chicken and rice recipe on my blog, this blonde dame with moxie tried it. Gayle made my recipe!

"How'd she do?" my spouse asked patting his empty belly.
"You'll have to read here to find out!"

Congrats, Gayle! Thanks for making it and reporting back!

If anyone else makes either the chicken and rice or my shrimp and lemon pasta recipes, please let me know! I'd love to hear--and see a picture--of how they turned out!

Bon Appetit!


2 comments:

  1. Not too bad for an iffy cook, huh? I was pretty darned proud of myself, although my son once told me that I've never made anything that was completely inedible, which I THINK was a compliment.(? - the jury's still out.) I feel emboldened to try the shrimp and pasta next. Just consider me your guinea pig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gayle! I'm so stoked that you tried it and it worked for you! Heck I'M proud of you! As for compliments, I take them wherever I find them even if they are under subclauses of what-not. I love your writing, your humor and now that you're my chef guinea pig! Enjoy today!
      --Alicia

      Delete