Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Pepe & Lucas

"What vibrant colors," I said watching the computer screen.
"Hmm," Mr. Wonderful said standing behind me with arms crossed.
"Super music."
"Hmm."
"I love the characters."
"Hmm."
"This is great!"
"Hmmmmmm."


I knew Mr. Wonderful was talented in the Home Improvement Department, the Drinking Wine Department and the Making Life Interesting for Me Department. But the animated short he co-directed about a mime and a clown, Pepe & Lucas, proved he had even more talents. Specifically directing, animating and storytelling. Somehow he didn't see things the same way. Perhaps this was due to the curse of the talented director, or the scourge of the clever animator, or the regular doubts every working artist on the planet suffers from. Luckily I was present to remind him of some important facts.

"This animated short film of yours made the long list for the Academy Awards this year," I said.
"Hmm.
"And it won the best animated CG short at the Houston Film Festival this year."
"Hmm."
"And it makes me laugh." 
He dropped his arms to look at me. "Now that's good to hear." Then he smiled.

Don't take my word for it. Here's a trailer for the short of Pepe & Lucas

Does it make you laugh?

P.S. I don't know when the full seven-minute animated short will be shown in theaters but at least we have the trailer to watch now!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, CD! I think so, too! It just makes me happy!
      --Alicia

      Delete
  2. Hey thats cool, I'll have to show you the Game my son is designing for the iPad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bill! I think it's cool and funny, too. I'd love to see what your son is making. Post something about it, please! Enjoy your day!
      --Alicia

      Delete
  3. I love this! Yes, please, I want to see the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gayle! The "whole thing" is 7 minutes of fun. I hope everyone can see the whole thing soon! Enjoy your day!
      --Alicia

      Delete