Sunday, June 16, 2013

To Fathers

Fathers. Who needs 'em? I do! And I speak from experience.


My dad was smart, well-rounded and kind. He ran his medical practice, which kept him busy. He was a real talker, which kept him busy. He had a large family, which kept him busy.

Yet he always made time for the important things like going to the bookstore with me, introducing me to theater, teaching me about science, history, math--basically everything.

Throughout his life he always made time for me, which made me feel special and loved. Although he's been gone for several years, I still remember that he did things with me; that he made me feel special; that he loved me. Which is why we all need to experience fathers in our lives. They are cool dudes.

Happy Father's Day to father dudes everywhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment