Thursday, October 18, 2012

How Do I Love Thee, Backsplash?


(With apologies to Elizabeth Barrett-Browning)


Oh, Backsplash, how do I love thee?  Let me count the ways!


I love thy depth, breadth, and porcelain height
That lets me keep food stains out of sight
With a quick wipe from a moistened dishcloth.
I love the clean look you give to every day’s
Kitchen moments, by sun or candlelight.
I love thee freely, since I bought thee.
I love thee purely, since I have only thee.
I love thee with the passion I felt before
For my favorite blue jeans or my childhood toys; Like Paddington and Pooh Bear.
None of which was clean but you get what I’m saying.
I love thee with the sweet love I lost
After I learned the truth about Santa.
I love thee with the breath, smiles, tears of all my life. 
Thank you for making everything better.  Will you be my wife?


No comments:

Post a Comment